Thursday, April 30, 2009
The Barbara Walker Learn To knit Afghan is still going, so stay tune for more beautiful squares. Thanks for stopping by!
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Starting my 50th year, there will be 49 behind me already. There is no doubt in my mind that there are more days behind me that there are ahead of me, but no matter what I keep going toward my destiny. What is my destiny? My destiny is to live life to the fullest. Here are some lessons, thoughts and whatever you may call them. They are almost as good as the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition.
- Never compromise your values.
- Love is not enough to live.
- GOD is, the GODS are real , Religions aren't.
- Never take more than what you need or give more than what you have.
- What you need and what you want aren't the same.
- Love is blind.
- Justice is Blind.
- Good things come to those who wait.
- Good things happen to bad people.
- Bad things Happen to good people.
- We are all created equal!
- Make waves and ride the surf.
- Never allow an injustice to go unnoticed.
- Speak up your mind.
- Pick up after yourself then some.
- Allow life to unfold.
- Be comfortable with your discomfort.
- Where are you going so fast?
- Listen to the inner silence.
- Know yourself, not who other people say you are.
- Don't fear life, live it, death is just part of life.
- Our Spirit is Eternal our bodies aren't.
- Don't allow anyone , not even your parents to disrespect you.
- Gratitude is the attitude.
- What you focus on becomes reality!
- March for Peace, don't march in an anti-war rally, there is a difference!
- Be kind to yourself and the environment.
- Get off the phone once in a while and actually talk to someone!
- Learn to Knit or Crochet, it will change your life!
- There is never enough yarn in my stash.
- Don't be complacent rattle someones cage today.
- Real friends are very rare treasure them.
- Eat Dark Chocolate.
- Drink water.
- Brush your teeth.
- Chant for Peace!
- Rejoice in the abundance of life.
- Your brain is a tool, don't let it convince you is you.
- Don't waste time in Anger, it poisons only you.
- Self Pity is useless.
- Don't look for outside validation.
- You need to give to receive, it is the law!
- For every action there is a reaction of equal magnitude, it is a Law of Physics!!!!
- Focus on what you want, don't focus on what you don't want!
- You can have your cake and you can eat it too, just think portions!
- You can heal your life!
- You need to laugh every day, specially before going to bed!
- Smile make people wonder!
- You are a unique individual, but you are the sum of your parts!
- Be spontaneous once in a while.
- You can't choose who you fall in love with.
I could say or list many more, but one thing is for sure, there are no defeats in life. Enjoy today because today is all you have, tomorrow is not here yet and it may never come. Until next time may the Gods of Kobol Bless you and Me ! Thanks for stopping by!
Monday, April 27, 2009
Again I am able to match my gauge by relaxing my cast on and being persistent in my stitches. I believe that for the first time I am understanding gauge and what knitting is all about. Seriously, I never thought that I wouls be able to match this gauge, but the last 2 squares say differently.
If you are learning to Knit or want to get more experience knitting you need to do this afghan. Why ? You may ask me. Simple answer is the gamut of experiences this book will put you through will enhance your craft and will challenge your mind. I am really enjoying the journy I am taking and the squares I am making . Thanks for stopping by!
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Thanks for stopping by and we shall see you next week!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
This kind of entrelac is like Tunisian Crochet and you actually use Tunisian Crochet to make it happen. The squares are small and you can use a small g hook to get this little fellow. Now making a whole blanket like this will take time but will be gorgeous. Thanks for stopping by!
Monday, April 20, 2009
Friday, April 17, 2009
The Papagayo wind is a north to northeasterly wind which periodically blows through the gap in the mountain ranges of Central America in which Lake Nicaragua is located. It is named for the Gulf of Papagayo on the Pacific coast in this region. The wind is stronger than the trade winds which normally blow here. It is notable for causing a pronounced increase in upwelling of cooler, nutrient-rich waters on the Pacific coast which in turn supports an abundance of sea life. The wind and upwelling are together referred to as a Papagayo event.
El Papagayo is one of my creations of Hand Dyed yarn. Papagayo is the name we give in Spanish to the Scarlet Macaw. I tried to make the rainbow colors and somehow I succeeded,but some color bled into the others.
I hope that I have inspired you to do some hand dye yarn. This hand dye job was done with Mc Cormick's Food coloring and White Vinegar and cooked in the microwave.
In closing I will tell you that I would recommend everyone to try dyeing yarn with food coloring, it is a great experience and it will allow you to create something from within. Thanks for stopping by and remain in touch as I am going to reveal Square #4 from the Barbara G. Walker Learn to Knit Afghan sometime soon!
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Thursday, April 09, 2009
The fringe was easy as I used my New Swift to wrap the yarn around. I made a little knot at the end of each strand so that it won't frill. I soaked it in Eucalan Soap and Vinegar so that it's color is fastened and finally I microwaved it for two minutes. Welcome to the 21st century.
Wednesday, April 08, 2009
This scarf has the ends as in the pattern, but I found it impossible to guaranteed that I will come up with exactly 530 stitches counting the sides. So here is how I did it. This scarf has 10 squares which I made.
- I sc around each square the same amount of stitches.
- I joined all squares together.
- I sc around the whole pattern once.
- I double crochet around the whole pattern with 3 dc on each corner.
- I made the ends as in the pattern 3 fans on each end.
- After I made one side, I made sure that each fan match on the other side.
You don't have to worry that you need a certain amount of fans on each side as long as both sides match and you end your work at the beginning stitch. Sometimes that meant that I will add an extra skipped stitched to match the other side, or take it away. In the end I have the same amount of fans on the left and on the right, on the top and on the bottom. I was inspired by this pattern, but if you say that this is the same as the pattern link, I will say no. I still need to weave the ends and post another picture. I forgot how beautiful crochet can be when it simulates a lace pattern that is usually made in some other form. This wool/silk combo is not good for something else as it is of good quality, but has many splits. I am not buying from this Ebayer again, well at least not this kind of yarn. They offer to replace it, but I rather not . I bought 10 or 12 skeins sunset and black and both had knots in them, only two skeins form each set was good. I was going to knit this , but this was the only option I had, thank the Gods of Kobol for Crochet!!! Thanks for stopping by.
Friday, April 03, 2009
Life can be a bowl of strawberries when cheries are not available. It has been almost two years since I have been in this blog. I have s...
A yarn organizer is something that all crafters need and desire. Whether you are doing Fair Isle knitting , or any color stranding project i...
The Prisoner of Azkaban Hogwarts scarves are very different from the old scarves where egalitarian stripes where the norm. I have created a...
This is my latest project to make socks. I have been trying to make socks for a long time, but as I said before, kniting socks is not really...